Tuesday, June 4, 2013

SSCB#13 Zentangle

Twice a month Serendipity Stamps hosts a challenge on their blog - this time it is to incorporate some Zentangle or some of your own doodling along with a Serendipity Stamps image.  If you want to try the Zentangle there are lots of tutorials on line.  It's all about having fun!!   The winner selected for this challenge will receive a set of 30 alcohol ink based markers donated by Marvy Uchida.  Everyone is a winner though because the special is Buy 3, Get 1 Free, good through 6/12.    There are also selected wood mounted stamps on sale at 50% off while supplies last.  

I drew a fancy frame starting in the center with a rectangle shape and then worked my way out with different doodles.  Rather than keep it black and white or add grey shading I thought it would be fun to add some color with my copic markers.  I added a fussy cut image of a butterfly bush and some ribbon and trims to complete my card.
If you need a little extra inspiration there are samples from the design team on the challenge blog or you can visit them directly and get all the details by clicking on their names below.


Thanks for stopping by - I hope you will give this fun challenge a try!


Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Butterfly Bush Small  718E, Celebrate Small 914B
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Markers, Sakura Micron Pen
Ribbons:  3/4" Black Velvet Websters Pages, 5/8" Sheer Ruffle Edge Pink May Arts, Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Die:  Nested Tags Lifestyle Crafts
Misc.: Button, Pearls

11 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I guess it is official. There is nothing you can't do! I never knew you were such a fabulous artist, there just seems to be no end to your talent! Love the great zentangle patterns and the pretty floral image you colored to go along with it!

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne this is so pretty! I love your design of the frame and the way you added color in! What a sweet card!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Wow...I love your card. It is gorgeous with your personal touch of Zentangle and color. Amazing...had to Pin-it and show it off.

~Tammy~ said...

I just love your doodles! Super fun! Your fussy cutting is better than any die! Seriously! Love the beautiful ribbon treatment! Happy Wednesday!

Marybeth said...

Great job with the zentangle, I had fun with this one even though I chose very basic zentangle! I learned a new work too! Great card and doodles! Nice prize too!

Miriam said...

Wow jeanne! I love that you colored your tangles. The bow is the perfect topper!

Joyce said...

This is beautiful, and your doodling is just incredible. I never knew you had this talent, also. You are full of surprises.

Jenny Gropp said...

FUN! I've tangled for some time but still have not attempted color! Looks fun and fresh with the colors you chose!

Sharron said...

What a fun technique! Love your doodled frame and the roses at the top! The touches of color and pretty ribbons look fabulous.

Pauline said...

Love this Jeanne, such a pretty zentangle, all coloured in!

Vickie Z said...

Sooo impressed with your zentangle!! Love the color you added to the designs!!