Saturday, March 9, 2013

OWH Sketch 125 - Dream Wish Believe


Great News!  This week I am the guest designer for  Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps Blog for their Sketch Challenge #125. Operation Write Home supports the men and women in military service by providing them home made cards to send home to their loved ones. They have a few requirements they'd like you to follow including limiting the thickness and size of your projects so they can load up those boxes to send overseas with the most cards possible. 


 I made these with butterflies that have been double punched so they can have "flapping" wings.  Using a punch instead of a die cut will allow me to make several more to include with my shipment to OWH.  I usually make 15 of any one kind to send.  I am hopeful the bright colors and sweet butterflies will make getting a letter home from a loved one even sweeter.  Something you might want to consider to do if you have the time or have extra cards to the side that need a great home.  
Thanks for stopping by for a peek and I hope you have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25  x 5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties You Make Me Smile Set
Pattern Paper:  Echo Park  Life is Good Collection "Bold Stripes" & "Honeycomb"
Card Stock:  Papertrey Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Vintage Cream, Stampers Select White, Aqua Mist
Dies:  Spellbinder Resplendent Rectangles
Fibers:  Aqua Divine Twine,  1/4" Aqua Satin Ribbon
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Extras:  Colored Pearls Michael's Recollections, Butterfly Punch Martha Stewart

14 comments:

Renee said...

Love it, Jeanne!
And this is something that I want to participate in so much more...
cards for the troops.
Being a former military wife...
I know what those letters and cards home mean...
and Patrick supports me 110% in this...
he won't even complain if I say I want to buy things just for this...
a husband not complaining about "goodies"...
unheard of! :)
But this will make someone's week when they receive this!

NanaConnie said...

Love the butterflies, Jeanne! I've been doing OWH cards for about 2 1/2 years now and I'm so glad you're 'guesting' for them. :-D

Linda said...

Love your card...paricularly the mix of butterflies and stripes! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Jeanne -- Congratulations on being guest designer for OWH for this weeks sketch challenge. I really like the happy colors you used on your card. The layered butterflies are the perfect touch. Great job on all your paper piercing too. Thanks for the inspiration this morning.

Sharon S.

Cathy Weber said...

I can imagine anyone would be thrilled to receive a letter from a far away loved one with all those cute butterflies Jeanne. What a pretty card, congrats on being chosen to be the guest designer. Look at all that piercing too!

Paula S. said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! The colors are just terrific and I love the combination of the stripe and hexagon pattern. Lots of lovely detail throughout the design too. Thanks for being the inspiration for this week's OWH sketch!

Lisa Minckler said...

OWH is a magnificent cause and I love that people get to share YOUR cards!! This is terrific and really fits their requirements perfectly. Congrats to you on being their GD this week Jeanne!!

Sharon Harris said...

Jeanne - The colors are wonderful and your "flapping" wings are delightful. What a cute idea to punch the butterflies from that checked paper. Looks great. Thanks for supporting OWH.

Soozie4Him said...

I love your card, and I've been looking at some of your others too! Love your organizational tips for inkpads, cardstock, ribbon, etc! Thanks for hosting the OWH Sketch Challenge!

Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
moot96 AT aol DOT com

Diane said...

Congrats on having your card showcased today! It is a great design- I like the double butterflies and the paper you used! Great job!

Marybeth said...

Love it! Very pretty and I hope to make some too!

Sharron said...

Congrats on being Guest Designer for this great cause! Those are fabulous papers and I love that the colors are so bright & cheerful! The layered butterflies add such a fun touch!

Paper Blessings said...

Congrats on being guest blogger for the sketch this week! :) The card is beautiful, love the aqua in the center with the butterflies. Thanks so much for sharing!

~Tammy~ said...

Big congrats on guesting at OWH. As a recipient of a card it truly is appreciated. Your papers are so bright and delightful and you know I adore that sentiment and I love how you used the twine. Stunning!