Wednesday, March 20, 2013

CASE STUDY #133 - Sunrise

I thought Spring was in the air for the Midwest, but WOW is it ever cold today.  It's really windy too.  I mean the kind of cold that burns your skin.   It's really deceiving because the sun is shining and you would think it is a really beautiful day out there but the joke would be on you!  I stood next to the car jumping up and down while I pumped gas ($3.97 a gallon here if you're interested! - YES that's high!!)   So after I got my errands done today I decided to park myself in my craft room and make warm things!   


Ready for your weekly does of CASE Study Inspiration?  Our muse this month is Julie Ebersole from Paper Trufflez blog!   I love that CASE they showcase designers with unique and interesting approaches and that I can take chances trying new things while I CASE (copy and share everything) their cards.  Just focus on what you like on the inspiration photo and make it all yours!  I was really taken by all the die cuts and the fun ways they were used on this card.  I mean you've got clouds cut out and grass layered on top and oh those bright colors - so fun!  I wanted to keep it outdoors and layer on the color so I made sunrise over water.   The waves are the negative side of a scallop border die.
I added a bit of washi in a chevron pattern to tie it back to Julie's design.
Check out what the rest of the design team did with this one!  Just click on their names below.

 Brandi from Yankee Belle Stamper (Guest Designer)

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams

I hope you have some time this week to play and link up your designs.  This one was lots of fun! I'll see you over at CASE Study Challenge!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished SIze 5" x 7"
Stamps:(Rainbows & Clouds Set) Lil Inkers
Dies:  (Fancy Framed Tags 2, Classic Scallop Edgeability, Standard Circles, Nested Pennants) Spellbinders
Pattern Paper:  (Reunion Collection) 6x6 Pad My Mind's Eye
Card Stock:  (Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold) Papertrey Ink
Ink:  (Onyx Black) Versafine
Washi:  Recollections Michael's

11 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

Bright, fun and so happy!!! Great card!

Pauline said...

I love your fun patterns and cheery sunshiny scenes Jeanne, just what we need!
The weather is miserable here too, so cold, windy and grey, although it does look as if the sun is coming out this morning!

Kristi said...

So pretty! It makes me want to be by the sea!

Lisa Minckler said...

Of course your project would be brilliant! You definitely kept with the wonderful WARM outdoor theme and the colors bring such WARMTH to the card and the washi is perfect for pairing the two. This is a beautiful card Jeanne and very well designed. Did I mention that I love the WARMTH? Lol..oh my gosh, it is so cold here in the midwest....burr, shiver, seriously 3.97? Gasp...I thought 3.69 was bad.

Maria said...

Oh my! What a gorgeous card with that fab sun! Love the mix of patterns and layers! Sweet sentiment, too! Great card...love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Jeanne!! Love the papers , so creative!

Vickie Z said...

Love the bright colors and the sun/rays are fabulous!! Meant to say earlier that I too usually have one or more cards in the works!! Actually that is probably more what I do than able to finish in one setting...there's always a little something I'm not sure about-sometimes it works and sometimes I should've finished to begin with, LOL!!

Sharron said...

Seeing your card is a welcome change from the cold & rain we had today! There is snow expected later this evening although we will fortunately be south of the heavy stuff. Love your sunny card and the mix of all those fabulous papers!

lostinpaper said...

Such a fabulous design and a great combo of patterned paper, I just love how you have used Julie's inspiration card!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just love orange and blue together! Add a touch of yellow, and this is full of sunshine, even without that gorgeous sun ;)! Just beautiful!

JJ Bolton said...

I've been on a sunshine kick, so you know I'm loving this one! It just makes me smile:) All the patterns work SO well together! I love the way it echoes the feeling of the inspiration card even though it's a totally different design. Hope you're feeling better!