Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cheery Lynn Blog Challenge - Red White & Blue

Hi everybody!   There is so much going on this week - my son wound up with some complications with his wisdom teeth, but he is doing much better now.  Our church is having "Fun Days" which means a carnival and games.  My husband and son have been helping with the set up - and along with my daughter will be voluteering at some of the booths later in the week.  I've been playing chauffeur - I finally get the "mom's taxi" thing! 

Today I'm playing along with the Cheery Lynn Blog Challenge.  You know I am totally nuts about dies!  The more intricate and detailed they are, the better!   When I saw the challenge this week is Red, White and Blue I thought I'd pull out all the stops and make this into a 4th of July celebration reminiscent of sparklers, jumping jacks, and parades!.  I embossed all three of my stars with glitter embossing powder for lots of sparkle, and my sentiment on the fancy stick pin reminds me of the baton at the front of the marching band! 
Time for your puppy update.....   Here's a photo of "Binker" as in "Stinker Binker" with my son that I took this weekend - She's getting BIG!  Can you tell it is really hot here?  Look at that tongue!!!     We are getting used to each others "personalities".  She still likes to chew on rocks and sticks and is helping herself to the raspberries and blueberries on my plants.  How does she know which ones are ripe?  I am guessing the green ones don't taste so good - but she definitely has it figured out!
 I hope you find some time to play along this week - the prize is a $20 gift certificate at the Cheery Lynn store!  Have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used: Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Stars, Celebrate Serendipity
Dies:  Cheery Lynn, Dainty Dutch Doily Frame, Polynesian Sales Oval, French Pastry, Spellbinders Nested Pennants, Lifestyle Crafts Nested Star
Paper:  October Afternoon Rocket Age, Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, AC Specialty Gold Foil
Embossing Powder Stampendous Red Dragon, Tinsel Blue,  Ranger Gold Tinsel
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Red Crown Pin:  Wild Orchid, Button Stampin' Up!, Twinery Twine Maraschino, Ribbon 1/4" Satin Red, 1/4" Turquoise

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a festive and patriotic card Jeanne! I love that die and your stick pin does look like a baton. :) Awesome card!
Glad to hear your son is doing better and what a precious picture of those two. TFS!

Clare said...

Fabulous card! I love all the details and touch of gold!

Happy to hear your son is doing better. Your dog is adorable!!

Joyce said...

This is such a festive and fun card. I like how each of the stars has its own personality.

Shannon White said...

Jsut Gorgeous my friend! Love the patriotic color scheme and pretty doily and Fab stamped stars too! the touch of gold really makes everything just Pop! Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

P.S. OMGoodness Binker is Beautiful!! What a Pretty Girl she is! She is lucky to have found such a Wonderful family! 8-)

Pauline said...

Fabulous card Jeanne, wonderful papers and die cuts here for this patriotic celebration. Love that little gold doily in the middle and the fancy bow and little pin.

shulsart said...

What a wonderfully patriotic card. The gold medallion in the center really pops. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.
PS Love Binker, what a cutie!

Lisa Minckler said...

LOL..Binker is adorable!!! Just look at that face. It's almost like she's telling us, "Don't believe a word she's telling you. I'm totally innocent..."

Your card makes me want to sit out in the blazing heat and watch a parade!! I don't like heat, so that says ALOT about your card. :)

Jodi said...

stunning!!! fabulous layers!! Thank you for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

JJ Bolton said...

I love your cheery cards! (And I'm not talking just about the dies:) I love your red/white/blue with gold!

Hope you're having a great weekend! Blinker is adorable:) She looks like she has the softest fur!

Unknown said...

What a fun and festive card! Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Gini

Kianel said...

Your card is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us over at Cheery Lynn designs!
Good luck!
Love from France, Kianel.