Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sweethearts

Hi!  I hope everyone is having a good day.  The weather is beautiful here - upper 40's.  It's really starting to look like Spring!   I'm not going to kid myself - winter isn't done with us just yet.  In fact, today is the anniversary of the big blizzard we had last year.  It's hard to believe we were buried under several feet of snow a year ago, and today is so beautiful. 

It's February 1 so it's time to start thinking about mailing out some of the Valentine's I've been making.  Now if I can only get everyone in the house to sit down long enough to sign them I'll be in business! 

 I combined a few different challenges today - I took the color combo from Color Q challenge 122, and used only Cheery Lynn Dies for their blog challenge.    The Cheery Lynn blog challenge this week is "Sweethearts".  This immediately got me thinking about the Waltzingmouse Cameo and of course the beautiful die cut Cheery Lynn hearts.

I am also entering this at Stampin' Royalty whose only requirement this week is to make something for Valentine's Day - It's all About Love.

I started with  the new Sophia's Heart Doily, topped it with the French Pastry Doily, and then layered the hearts from Two of Hearts and topped them with the cameo images.   I made a post bow with two colors of seam binding and glued a felt flower in the center.  The crochet flower at the bottom is hand made by my sweet mom.  I also squeezed in some of the Twinery's latest color - Flax.  It goes great with the kraft paper.
Thank you for having a look - I hope you find some time to play today!

Here's the links to the above challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Weekly Challenge  http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.com/search/label/challenge
ColourQ http://colourq.blogspot.com/
Stampin' Royalty  http://stampinroyalty.blogspot.com/

 Jeanne 

Products Used:  Finished Size:  6" x 6"
Die Cuts:  Cheery Lynn Designs Sophia's Heart, Francesca Border, Two of Hearts, French Pastry
Sizzix 3D Flowers Bigz
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Sweethearts, Oval Classic Frames
Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Collection Madison Avenue "Sisters" Lace Paper
Embossing Folder Lifestyle Crafts Whimsy
Seam Binding Hug Snug Baby Pink, Camel Hair
Twinery Twine Flax
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

20 comments:

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup, a cardmaking celebration!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-4.html

Kara said...

this is so great! so much pretty layering! so glad you decided to jin us this week at the ColourQ!!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Jeanne, I just love those die cut hearts! And that bow is stunning!

Cathy Weber said...

Beautiful! So many interesting elements, that bow and cute red rose, just gorgeous. I love the doily and the heart with the cameos, beautiful embossed panel, everything is perfect. When are you going to make a tutorial on how to tie your bows like that? Soon?

shulsart said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne. What a wonderful combination of dies. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Sharron said...

Goodness, all those gorgeous layers--love how you put so many wonderful details on your cards! Admire those hearts every time I see them! And the bow is stunning--love how you used two layers!

Amy Kolling said...

Ok now.....You are killing me here. You make works of art! This is pure beauty here. I love all the die cuts and especially those hearts the cameos are layered on.....now I need those! LOL (I've been eyeing them at my LSS and I will have to go see if they are still avail!)

Amy Kolling said...

Oh poo....I forgot to mention that bow and felt flower! just goregous!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jeanne, love so many things about your card, great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us this week on the ColourQ.

The Paper Parade said...

Now this is a true Valentines Day card! All the doilies, hearts, colors, and those sweet silhouettes! You rocked this card :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Wow!! This is absolutely stunning - love the pretty layers and the heart cameos! Fabulous!

Sandie said...

Wow, what a treasure of a card, beautiful! Thanks for taking part in the challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs. I really enjoyed seeing all the dies and how you used them.

Lulu/cy said...

this continues to catch my eyes w/a mystery of the ways u layered your gems. Ah to be so settled in Ur craft's world, that u can concentrate ur efforts of energy on the creation of ur works. May ur
spirit continue to soar,as u bring forth Ur creations

Jodi said...

Wow!! This is just beautiful!!! Good Luck and thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card, I love your fabby bow and the rolled rose.

Suzanne Bier said...

What an elegant card! The lacy hearts and the cameos are such perfect accents! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ!

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love all the die cuts and the colors! Love is in the air!!!! :)

Kianel said...

Gorgeous card and great use of the dies!
Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week!
Good luck!
Love from France, Kianel.

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty frilly card, love your awesome rolled rose!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Jeanne,
This is such a gorgeous card! I love the layered "doilies"... so fun! Thank you so much for playing at the colourQ!!!