Monday, December 23, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches - Joy

Counting down to Christmas here! I keep remembering things I need to do, presents I forgot to wrap, recipe ingredients. I totally understand now why Santa makes a list! When things get busy here, the best way to unwind is with a little crafting.
A new Freshly Made Sketch begins every Wednesday. I'm cutting it close - I made this card over the weekend to play along!
I started by arranging panels for the background as shown on the sketch. I added fuchsia and gold glitter paper under a panel that I inked using the Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Background Stencil. They have so many beautiful stencils available that it's hard o decide which one to use sometimes!
And if stencils are your "thing" you need to discover Pixie Spray. It's made a world of difference for me, holding the stencil firmly in place with a light tack spray adhesive.  I topped the background panels with stamped and die cut letters using the JOY stamp set. If you look close you'll see lots of sweet Christmas images that make up the letters. 
The gold panel adds lots of shine! I added some gold jewels too because a little glimmer around the holidays is always welcome ... heck! I'll take it all year round! 
I hope you find some time to play! And Merry Christmas everyone!


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps | Pretty Pink Posh Joy
Die | Pretty Pink Posh Joy
Stencil | Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Background
Jewels | Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Jewels

Joy
Joy

PPP
Joy Die
Joy Die

PPP
Christmas Background
Christmas Background

PPP
Metallic Gold Jewels
Metallic Gold Jewels

PPP | SSS
Pixie Spray
Pixie Spray

SSS
Picked Raspberry
Picked Raspberry

SCB | DB | SSS
Candied Apple Distress Ink
Candied Apple Distress Ink

SCB | DB | SSS
Copic Markers
Copic Markers

DB
Copic Marker Refills
Copic Marker Refills

DB
Memento Tuxedo Black
Memento Tuxedo Black

SCB | SSS

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So cute and festive Jeanne!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! I just love the colourful background and the cheery design on the Joy! So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow....this is just so festive!!! Love your sweet "Joy" card!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fun, fabulous and festive! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderful colors....love the patterned letters!