Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Momenta Flower with Leaves

Hello my crafty friends! I hope you're having a great day! The sun has been coming up earlier and earlier - another sign of spring! No more waking up in the dark! That is reason alone to celebrate right? 
Today I'm playing with the Momenta Flower with Leaves. This is a two piece die set that you can find at your local craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joann. If you like to shop on line like me (Yep, I'm lazy like that!) you can find it here at Scrapbook.com on sale for $12.02!!
I created an ombre cardstock panel by taping the strips of colored card stock together. I trimmed the panel to fit the front of my card base and then die cut the two floral dies from the panel. TIP: Make sure your tape runs the entire length of each strip of colored card stock!
I adhered colored card stock behind the open die cut windows and then attached it to my card base. All that was left to do was cut the dies a second time from white card stock and glue the die cuts into the open windows.
This is a simple technique that provides lots of drama and wow! I sure hope you'll give color blocking a try some time. It's one of my favorite techniques with die cuts! 


Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Dies | Momenta Flower with Leaves, Hello Word Fetti


Hello Word Fetti
Hello Word Fetti

SBK | MMT
Flower with Leaves
Flower with Leaves

SBK | MMT

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful Jeanne, what a fun design!

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Jeanne, love this gorgeous post, thanks for your comment.x