Wednesday, September 9, 2015

SSCB#47 Backgrounds - Japanese Maple

Wow can you believe it's Wednesday already?  That long holiday weekend has me a day behind!  I keep thinking it's Tuesday!  The good news is that the weekend will get here that much sooner right?  Labor Day really makes it feel like Summer is over doesn't it?  Time to step into Fall!  Living in the Midwest I'm lucky to have four seasons and I always look forward to seeing the leaves change.  A new monthly challenge begins at Serendipity Stamps today!  This time we're asking you to create a background.  

I don't really stamp lots of backgrounds.  I always hate the thought of covering them up, and you know how I like my layers.  I created a colorful background with the Japanese Maple stamp.  I think all the colors give me that busy look that I like without adding too many "extras".
The Japanese Maple is the 50% off stamp of the month for September.  Serendipity Stamps are red rubber stamps with a cling background.  The red rubber inks up well and will give you a good impression every single time.   The Japanese Maple is one of my favorite Serendipity Stamps.  It has a beautiful intricate pattern and it's easy to switch up the colors just by changing the ink colors.

The "Autumn" word die is the newest die to be added to the Serendipity Stamps collection.  It has little leaf accents that make this one extraordinary.  

I left the die cut "Autumn" word open so that the scalloped oval underneath peeks through.   I couldn't resist a little bling either so I added some large gems and a button to the bottom corner for a little sparkle and shine! 
Ready to see more?  The Serendipity Stamps design team is sure to inspire!  AND we have a guest this month!  I hope you'll stop by and say hi to Diane Jaquay of It's All About the Art blog!




Want to go shopping?  Mary has some Bo Bunny pattern paper marked way down in the store and also wants you to know that the Hot Air Balloon die is back in stock!! 

Have a great day and I hope I see you at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog!











Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Japanese Maple
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Autumn Word Die, Spellbinder Petite Oval, Scalloped Petite Oval
Ivory Button Twine May Arts
Gems Recollections (Michaels), Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)

13 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty background you stamped with the lovely Japanese Maple stamp (we have a beautiful Japanese Maple on our side lawn!) I think I'm ready for fall - with its cooler days and falling leaves! Julia xx

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty, Jeanne! The Japanese Maples make a stunning background!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love the great colors in your autumn card!

Sue McRae said...

I have a weakness for all things leafy and I am loving your burst of colours with this japanese maple. I think I need to get that stamp!

Lisa Elton said...

Warm and lovely Jeanne, a wonderful card!!

Vickie Z said...

it's gorgeous!! Love the colors too :) I too can't cover a background once I have created it!!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous background. Ilove all the fall colors, and only wish it would cool off a little here.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty & so colorful, Jeanne! Love your sunny fall colors & the trio of buttons.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful...love the shaded look of the inking...

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful colors! Love that stamp you used for the background and what a great word die!

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful...love your gorgeous background.

Sharron said...

Wonderful Japanese maple stamp. I don't remember ever seeing one of those before. Your colors are gorgeous and that bold sentiment looks awesome!

cm said...

Had you not mentioned you created this background paper, I would have assumed it as part of a collection and immediately asked where to order it. Simply stunning! Autumn awesome, my friend!
Hugs~c