Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Splitcoaststampers - Colored Dry Embossing Tutorial

Hi friends!  I hope you are having a great day!  Splitcoaststampers loved a card I made about a year ago and put me in the que for a tutorial.  Maybe you remember it?    I'll give you a little back ground for what happened.  I saw this pretty embossing folder from Cuttlebug and just fell in love with it.  The thing was that I just couldn't bring myself to cover up that gorgeous bird in the middle of all those pretty blooms.  So how to make the embossing the focal point of my card?   I played around with lots of different ideas  - and finally settled on using distress ink with some paper stumps.  My friends as Splitcoast thought it was interesting and unique and asked me to do a tutorial there. 
This was the original card I made a year ago.   But whenever Splitcoaststampers adds a tutorial to their library they ask members to join in and try the technique.   I thought I'd play along because it was lots of fun and well yes... I am very excited to be included with some of my crafty heros that have tutorials there. 
I thought this bamboo embossing folder would look pretty using the "Colored Dry Embossing" technique.
I hope you will give it a try as well - you can see the tutorial and play along with us here at Splitcoaststampers.









Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Asian Garden Additions
Embossing Folder Cuttlebug Oriental WEave Set
Paint Sakura Koi
Card Stock:  PTI White, Simply Chartreuse
Ranger Distress Ink:  Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters Frayed Burlap, Versafine Onyx Black

4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What gorgeous cards and I LOVE that technique! I'll be keeping this in my que for future use!

Cathy Weber said...

I remember that gorgeous bird Jeanne...you chose another great embossing folder for this technique...can't wait to hop over and check out your tutorial!

Deborah Frings said...

I think the bird is stunning and really stands out beautifully against the pretty flowers. However, I love the simplicity of the bamboo card - great sentiment too.

I'll pop over and check out the tutorial!!

Lindsey said...

This is SO neat! I was so excited when I saw your name as the author of this tutorial on Splitcoast. You are amazing, Jeanne! (PS I've loved your Waltzingmouse previews this week, too...you make those stamps look very enticing!)