Thursday, September 5, 2013

CASE Study Challenge #156

It seems like this week is flying and in my mind I am a day off - I know its Thursday but my mind is saying that it's Wednesday.   I've got to get it together!!  It's time for a new challenge at CASE Study and since it is a brand new month we have a brand new muse for you.  Did you guess who it was from the sneak peeks at CASE?  Kathy Racoosin from The Daily Marker Blog.   Her blog is gorgeous with lots of wonderfully colored designs and creative ways to use die cuts.  You have to check her out!


Check out the inspiration photo!  Let's see.. things I love here.... 
the shaped card, the fab bright coloring, the ribbon going across the design.....    I tried to pick up on all those things including a bit of twine and a button on my bow.  I think this one is easy to see where I drew my inspiration from.  Oh but how to make it mine???  Well you know I do love red...  and maybe an extra layer?  I knew I had to get the markers out to pay homage to Kathy and here's what I made!!
Need a little more inspiration ?  Why not visit the rest of the design team.  They'll be sure to get you off in the right direction!  Oh and our special guestie is Amber Hight!  Tell her hi when you get a chance!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow

Some sad news on the CASE Study front.  Teneale Williams is leaving the group.  I hope you will wish her well!  Her beautiful creations always inspire me and I will continue to stalk her from a respectable distance : )

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I see you over at CASE!  Have a beautiful Wednesday !  Just kidding  - I know its Thursday!  HAHA!!


Supplies Used: 
Stamps:  Flourishes Cherries & Peaches
Dies:  Spellbinder Standard Circles, Tag Back to Basics, Grand Big Scalloped Circles, Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Doily Circles
Ribbon:  May Arts 5/8" Sheer Ruffle Edge Turquoise,  5/8 Lace / Pearl Center White,  Ivory Button Twine 
Card stock: PTI Pure Poppy, White, Hawaiian Shores
Ink:  Copic Markers, Rich Cocoa, Versafine Onyx Black
Button, Twinery Maraschino Twine

7 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Interesting challenge! I love your round card. Beautiful! :)

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne - red and aqua are two of my favorite colors and this card is GORGEOUS! Great use of the inspiration to inspire and I love, love, love your card!!!! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

So, stinkin' cute, Jeanne! LOVE the red and aqua, and the shape highlights your image beautifully! LOVE!

Sharron said...

Gorgeous elements, Jeanne! Love the shape and awesome colors! And your coloring is fantastic!

Joyce said...

Well, this is really gorgeous, and it is totally you. Great job of making it all-Jeanne.

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card Jeanne! I love your sweet bunch of cherries, they are so bright and look good enough to eat!

Linda Gibb said...

WOWIE!! Your round cherry card really caught my eye! I think that's the prettiest card I've seen in a long time. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.
Linda Gibb