Monday, January 23, 2012

Cupcake Inspirations 144 - January 22, 2012 - Snowy Pastels

Grab Our Button
Today I'm playing along with Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #144.  When I saw the inspiration photo - beautifully iced snowflake cookies -  I knew I had to play along!  I started by stamping my background with pink and blue pastel snowflakes from Waltzingmouse.  I added some pleated blue satin trim, icy pink glittery cord and bakers twine.  I topped it off with a pretty pastel and glitter snowflake. 

The snowflake is a triple cut of Spellbinders Lace Doily Accents topped with a Cheery Lynn snowflake cut from white glitter paper.  In the center is a snowflake gem topped with a pink round gem.   I dusted the background pattern with gems and pearls for a little added sparkle.

Thanks so much for stopping by to have a look - I appreciate your nice comments and encouragement!

Jeanne 

If you'd like to play along you can get all the details here:  http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/01/challenge-144.html

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season, Santa's Coming to Town, Seasons of Love Tags, Vintage Ornaments
Dies:  Spellbinders Lace Doily Accents, Twisted Metal Tags & Accents, Cheery Lynn:  Snowflake 2
Ink:  Momento Rosebud, Angel Pink, Summer Sky  Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen
Twine:  Twinery Caribbean, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party "Happy Day"

14 comments:

Tina said...

beautiful colors...match perfectly...sucha lovely card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh snow pretty Jeanne! Love the bright colored mix of snowflakes!

Suzanne said...

Jeanne, those diecuts are gorgeous. I love the colors too!

Susie Moore said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

Jeanne - you've really captured the inspiration photo - I adore all those pretty snowflake and fabulous diecuts! Great work!

Lulu/cy said...

If angels coyuld choose to float on a cloud or on this card, I think this would be a favorite choice! Jeepers Creepers WOW-za U have knocked it OUT of the HEAVENS
WOW WOW WOW-za!<(^O*)>

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I'm off to join your blog so I don't miss a thing, ever.

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, those snowflake dies are awesome! I love the pleated ribbon and the colors in the card, too.

JJ Bolton said...

Oooooh Cheery Lynn! I love their dies but haven't yet taken the plunge yet! The die cuts are so pretty and delicate. They fit into your card so beautifully!

You really capture the inspiration picture to a T!

Marybeth said...

This card is perfect for the inspiration photo. Its beautiful! Love the snowflake and the background. Also love that ribbon and the sparkle you always have on your beautiful cards.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous snowflake themed card Jeanne, a perfect take on the photo inspiration!

Sharda said...

Very beautiful card; love it! Cool blog as well.;)

Rach83 said...

Perfect in every way! What a great card. Love the photo inspiration too. TFS

Rachel x

Angelo Tucando said...

Jeanne, those diecuts are gorgeous. I love the colors too!