Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mojo Monday #217 - November 28 - Hippy Snowchick!!

It's been a while since I got my mojo on - but when I saw the sketch I knew I'd be playing!!   I think I'm just so happy to be out of the kitchen that everything in my scrappy room looks new.  Like coming home after a long vacation.... no place you'd rather be!!!  I'm a little late in the game since it is Wednesday but that is ok - better late than never right?  Here's the sketch, you can get all the details at http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2011/11/mojo-monday-217.html if you want to play along. 

I decided to go with the square card and broke out this cute little Hippy Snowchick fom A Muse Artstamps.  I decided that since she's a cool hippy chick that I would go with some non-traditional colors like  pink and purple.
I double stamped the Christmas tree image and layered them with pop dots, and I triple stacked the Hippy Snowchick.  I added lots of glittery goodness  - sparkly ribbon, glittery snow and gems on the snowflakes!  No better time to bling it up than the holidays!  I plan on giving this card to my sister Kathy who is sort of a non-traditional gal herself!  I hope she likes it, and I hope you're getting your mojo on! 

Hugs!
Jeanne

Supplies Used: 
Stamps:  A Muse Artstamps :  Christmas Tree, Hippy Snowchick, Cool Yule   Waltzingmouse:  Snowflakes from Nutcracker Sweet
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders for Shapez Xyron Frame 5, Spellbinders for Just Rite Stampers Labels
Paper:  K & Company
Markers:  Copic
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart Modern Garland
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Lulu Lavender
Glitter:  Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter
Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Baby Pink

4 comments:

Kristen said...

This is such a unique card, I really like it!

Visiting from Mojo Monday
xo
Kristina
Please stop by and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

Christyne said...

I love your non-traditional colors and that big pink bow!! Lovely details!!

Renee said...

LOVE it!!
That pink just sets off that adorable little "chick"...
perfect for her!
And can I just say I die over that ribbon...
eeekkkk!!!
It all came together so fabulously...
a gorgeous card that your sister is going to love! :)

Cathy Weber said...

What a sweet card, love the "non-traditional" colors. I am getting tired of red and green too. That is such a gorgeous bow and I love that cute snowman. Your sister is going to love it.